Unnecessary love triangles
did you mean the entire teen fiction section
Okay, I’m going to say it
Please excuse me, for this mini-rant is mainly for my own sanity and at the moment, I’m a very sleepy girl so hopefully you don’t read this and carry out your day. Or if you do, I just want to say that our society is completely and totally messed up. This, of course, is an obvious and slightly ambiguous statement as many things in our society are messed up. So thererefore, what, may you ask, am I going on about specifically? Leaked photos of celebrities. It is so interesting (and disturbing to me) on so many levels with these leaked photos everyone is talking about, so I’m going to just bullet the list okay? Okay:
- Leaked photos: I know who was leaked, I still don’t know the moron who did the leaking…problem? Yes. The focus seems to be on the wrong individuals here.
- Uhm. Tabloids vs. Nudes. Can someone please tell me what the difference is, because in our society, it seems many tabloids these celebrities pose for are borderline the same thing.
- Tabloids (again): Have you ever watched a tabloid photoshoot? What do they say to these people? How are they “supposed” to pose? How are they “supposed” to look in public? All the time? Is it any wonder that some have vanity issues? Is it any wonder that they take pictures of themselves the way they do? Isn’t that society tells us we are supposed to do and look like.
- But, dude, don’t go being nude. Pose practically nude and pose in a super seductive, sensual way (to make others feel like they have to to feel any kind of self worth…again…is there something wrong here…?), but DON’T go being nude. Geeze. Stay classy (*rolls eyes*).
- Being confident in ones body…is a…bad thing? Okay. News to me.
But whatever, who am I? Maybe it’s because I’m teaching adolescents now that I really am starting to become protective and highly critical of our society and media. These kids I have before me are so beautiful and wonderful and things like this influence them in such a way that it kills me.
I swear I’m going to devote my life to making people feel beautiful until they have it in them to find beauty in themselves.